ACE is proud to partner with the American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA), an organization that promotes the practice of landscape architecture and advances the profession through advocacy, education, communication, and fellowship. ASLA is committed to students wanting to join their profession and has provided ACE with some fun and interesting activities to do at home.
Check them out here – www.asla.org
ASLA invites you to share in their virtual resources designed to not only keep kids occupied during their stay-cation at home but also support teachers in local areas. Read more at ASLA Designs Online Learning Fun at Home.
In addition, check out ASLA’s “Fun Things to Do at Home” feature on Twitter and Facebook for fresh ideas! For a full list of ASLA’s online resources for students, visit ASLA’s Career Discovery and Diversity web page.
Below are a few highlights from ASLA Designs Online Learning Fun at Home:
Host Story Time with little ones (students in grades K-5) with Green Trees and Sam, a delightful digital book of adventures about a young girl aspiring to become a landscape architect. Access the free digital version by Shannon Gapp, ASLA/Bolton & Menk.
Access ASLA’s Activity Book for Kids (available in English and Spanish) and take a journey across an imaginary town to learn about the building blocks of landscape architecture. ASLA’s Activity Books are also available for Teens and Adults.
Here are ways to offer screen time fun!
- I Want to be a Landscape Architect video is a great terrific conversation piece designed to inspire students of all ages.
- YOUR LAND provides vibrant snapshots that define the meaning of landscape architecture, and primers on several intriguing project types. Access the digital version of YOUR LAND
Find landscape architecture career resources at:
- Explore Your Path to Landscape Architecture
- Don’t forget to check out our Scholarships and Fellowships web page stocked with funding opportunities from university school programs, landscape architecture firms, and organizations.
- Try out landscape architecture this summer at any of the Summer Camps, Competitions and Enrichment Programs and find out if there are any learning experiences in your area!
Also, the design of the space of ASLA’s green roof was translated into the ASLA Green Roof Education Program. The site offers a comprehensive online learning experience for students, families and educators, all around green roof design and technology. Designed for students in grades 6-8, The Roof is Growing! Education Virtual Program includes interactive online presentations, downloadable lesson plans, hands-on activities, a student workbook, and teacher guide.