Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at ACE
Inclusion has always been core to ACE’s values. Our Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) challenges us to show support by taking the following pledge to become agents of change:
As a member of the ACE Mentor community, I/we pledge to nurture and value the diversity of backgrounds, identities, talents, and beliefs of each individual involved in our program. As we push forward in our efforts to build a more unified, inclusive, and diverse workforce, I/we pledge to be agents of positive, lasting change. We commit to ensuring that every student and volunteer has equitable access to ACE resources and feels included as a valued member of the ACE community.
At ACE National, our commitment to this pledge includes acceptance and belonging training for all our volunteers, regular surveys to understand the experiences of the diverse members of the ACE community, and intentionality in all programming and recruitment. We urge all our ACE family members to take the pledge with us and share your Change Agent Badge on social media.
Here are some examples of actions you can pledge to take:
- Actively developing relationships with schools predominately drawing students from underrepresented communities.
- Actively developing relationships with organizations made up of professionals underrepresented in the industry (e.g., Women in Construction, National Society of Black Engineers, etc.)
- Providing scholarships and other opportunities specifically for students from underrepresented communities.
- Including diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) goals as a part of the affiliate’s strategic plan.
- Recruiting more mentors who reflect the diversity of the U.S.
- Outreach to Small and Disadvantaged Businesses so that they may take advantage of the intern stipend program.