1. Teams would complete their presentations remotely and record the presentations using GoToMeeting/Zoom and submit them in advance of the “banquet”.
2. Judges to review the presentations and ask them to submit recorded comments on the presentation.
3. Stitch all the prerecorded videos together into a single video that could be “streamed” on the banquet date. The streaming banquet would include presentations, comments by judges, award of scholarships, and the announcement of the winning presentation.
WAYS TO ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Award students that participate gift cards (consider purchasing gift cards to help a local business)
- Randomly select and give away a bigger prize to students that participate
FOR THE STUDENT RECORDINGS:
Presenting students can use a script they can reference/read of off when doing the virtual presentation. A way to expedite the process is for students to do a dry run with some feedback from mentors(recorded). Students turn in their scripts afterward, which Mentors review with the video and return to the students to practice. Lastly, hold a final recording session at a later date. It might take a few run-throughs before you can get a smooth recording.
WAYS TO COMMUNICATE WITH STUDENTS REMOTELY:
The brand new ACE Student Resources Online has many activities that students can work on with or without mentors. ACE Mentor Tools has many recommendations for different communication options under Affiliate Resources ‐ Chapter 16 ‐ Communication. WhatsApp and GroupMe are two examples for communicating with students through text messaging. Please see Chapter 16 on ACE Mentor Tools for details on these apps
IF YOU PLAN ON HOLDING THIS AS A FUNDRAISING EVENT:
Consider using a text to donate platform. Affiliates have had good experiences with
ALTERNATIVE TO BANQUET AND YEAR END PRESENTATION:
Work with students to create portfolios to help share student’s end of year work.